Sport


Sexual assault charges against McGregor in Corsica dropped

Charges of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure against Irish mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor have been dropped because of a lack of evidence, a court in the Corsican city of Bastia announced Thursday. "We had no material evidence to corroborate the complainant's statements, including after the scientific expert input that had been ordered," Bastia prosecutor Arnaud Viornery told AFP. McGregor's lawayer, Emmanuelle Ramond, said: "We welcome this decision because it is in line with what we expected." The accusations against McGregor, known as 'Notorious', came when the Irish fighter was on the French island of Corsica last September preparing for a charity 180km water-bike relay race from Calvi to Mona...

Neymar says 'at home' at PSG as Bayern knocked out of Champions League

Striker Neymar called Paris Saint-Germain his “home" after the team's 1-0 defeat Tuesday against Bayern Munich, which was still enough for the French club to advance to the Champions League semifinal. The Brazilian is currently negotiating a contract extension. “I don't think this is even a topic anymore, I obviously feel very comfortable, at home at PSG,” Neymar told TNT Sports Brazil after the match at Parc des Princes stadium in Paris. “I feel happier than before.” Neymar's tone is very different from less than two years ago, when Barcelona officials were confident they would be able to bring the Brazilian back to Camp Nou. The Brazilian forward became the most expensive player in the world when he moved from Barcelona to PSG...

Olympics 'difficult' after virus spikes, Japan medical group warns

Holding the postponed Tokyo Olympics this summer will be "really difficult" given a spike in coronavirus infections across Japan, the head of the Tokyo Medical Association has warned. Haruo Ozaki sounded the alarm as rising daily cases prompt new virus restrictions in Tokyo and elsewhere in Japan. "If infections spread further, in reality it would be difficult to hold the Olympics in its regular form with athletes coming from various countries, even if the Games are held with no spectators," the Sports Hochi daily quoted him as saying at a Tuesday press conference. On his Facebook page Wednesday, Ozaki said the report reflected his concerns, even though recent successes by Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee and golfer Hidek...

Automobile Club de Monaco: Last appointment of the commissioners before the events

Last appointment of the commissioners before the events, the Monaco Grand Prix Preparation General Meeting took place exceptionally in video conferencing last night from the Salon des Princes de l ' Automobile Club . Over 500 volunteers were gathered remotely to comply with health rules during Covid-19. The evening was marked by the speeches of our President Michel Boeri, Counsellor / Minister of the Interior Patrice Cellario, Colonel Norbert Fassiaux of the Principality Firefighters, the Commissioner General of ACM Christian Tornatore, and Jean-Michel Matas, Deputy Commissioner General in charge of the commissioners and Dr. Brigitte Pasquier, Medical Officer of the trials. A debriefing of the Training Course has been completed. What's new ...

Redeeming their soles: ‘Satan Shoes’ to be recalled after Nike settles lawsuit with design firm

A Brooklyn-based company that sold modified sneakers containing human blood has agreed to recall the shoes as part of a settlement with Nike. The Satan-themed footgear had triggered outrage and confusion on social media. Nike announced on Thursday that it had reached an agreement with MSCHF Product Studio, which collaborated with rapper Lil Nas X to create the limited-edition Satan Shoes – customized black Nike Air Max 97s. Decorated with pentagrams and inscribed with a Bible verse, the shoe’s midsole is filled with a mix of red ink and human blood. With a price tag of $1,018, only 666 pairs of the sneakers were made. The gimmick went viral, but also caught the attention of Nike’s lawyers. MSCHF had kept Nike’s iconic ‘swoosh’ logo on the ...

In the steps of... Caio Henrique - #Time2Rise​​​- AS MONACO

Pour être au plus prêt de votre équipe, abonnez-vous ! http://bit.ly/1gGJvT1​ Caio Henrique s'est confié sur son enfance, son intégration au sein du groupe Rouge et Blanc, et ses ambitions notamment avec la Seleção. Découvrez le portrait du latéral Brésilien à travers le 3ème épisode de #Time2Rise​....

Timelapse Circuit Monaco Grand Prix

The magic of the Monaco Grand Prix ✨ Relive in few seconds the 4⃣ weeks of works of resurfacing of the track. In total, more than 3,000 tonnes of asphalt were deposited on the circuit this year. A required work in order to provide to the cars & competitors a high quality of track in accordance with international standards, on streets exposed to the Principality's road traffic during all the year....

Tiger Woods was driving ALMOST DOUBLE SPEED LIMIT before horror crash, police reveal

Golf icon Tiger Woods was traveling way above the safe speed limit when he lost control of his car and crashed in California in February, Los Angeles County police have revealed. Officials from the LA County Sheriff's Department stated on Wednesday that Woods had been traveling between 84 and 87mph (135kph-140kph) in a 45mph zone and crashed into a tree while moving at 75mph. Woods waived his right of privacy and allowed the release of the details of the crash, information on which came at a news conference. Los Angeles County police said that the "causal factor was driving at a speed unsafe for the road conditions and an inability to control the curve [of the road]," but ruled out the idea that Woods had been distracted by usi...

COVID-19: French Open Grand Slam postponed by a week because of pandemic

The French Open tennis tournament will be delayed by one week because of the coronavirus pandemic, organizers said on Thursday (April 8). The clay-court Grand Slam tournament was set to start on May 23, but first-round matches will now get underway on May 30. The French tennis federation said the decision was taken in order to maximize chances the event will be played ‘in front of as many spectators as possible’ in a safe environment. Last year’s tournament had been pushed back to September because of the health crisis, with crowds limited to 1,000 per day. “In his latest speech, on 31 March, the French President announced that a schedule to progressively get cultural and sporting events back up and running would be set up from mid-May on...

This Epic 360-Foot Superyacht Concept Has a Helipad That Doubles as a Basketball Court

Piredda & Partners says the future of yachting starts now, well, with Now, a new superyacht concept penned by the fledgling Italian firm. The striking 360-footer aims to add a new entry to the next generation of marine design. It features a futuristic, sporty exterior, along with an interior that offers the kind of luxury space more readily associated with a mansion. “The concept was born by the desire for innovation, fresh-mind ideas and new forms that the industry needs,” Nicolò Piredda, director of Piredda & Partners. One such pioneering touch comes in the form of the superstructure that connects all three decks inside full glass housing. This affords a huge amount of interior space—4,135 gross tons, to be exact—as well as swa...

Injured Woods will miss Masters 20 years after Tiger Slam

Severe leg injuries in a February car crash ensured Tiger Woods won't be playing in this year's Masters on the 20th anniversary of his "Tiger Slam" victory at Augusta National. But the 45-year-old superstar, whose 15 major titles include five Masters green jackets, will have his legacy felt across the famed layout. Woods is recovering at home in Florida after suffering serious injuries when his car flew off the road and flipped several times during the Southern California accident. Hours of surgery were required to repair his shattered lower right leg and ankle, including a rod inserted into his tibia and the use of screws and pins to stabilize the joint. Woods, who won his most recent major at the 2019 Masters, became the fir...

Ronaldo's ‘thrown’ armband sells for THIS whopping price at charity auction

The Portugal captain’s armband which Cristiano Ronaldo angrily threw on the ground after his goal was incorrectly disallowed in a soccer World Cup qualifier against Serbia recently, has been sold to an unidentified bidder for $75,000 at a charity auction. The armband with a white letter C was picked up by Djordje Vukicevic, a duty firefighter. It was then put up for a charity auction by Vukicevic and his colleagues from Belgrade’s firefighting brigade to collect money for the treatment of six-month-old boy Gavrilo Djurdjevic from Serbia who is suffering from spinal muscular atrophy. “Ronaldo was agitated (and) he threw the armband, it fell right next to me,” Vukicevic told Reuters on Thursday. Many Serbians resort to fundraising and hum...